Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Onion

Ok let me be the first (ok, so not the first) to say... The onion remedy has failed. I guess I am crazy. You know that tickle in the back of your throat? That has been me the last few nights, coughing non stop. No sleep for this Momma :( if you have any remedies besides syrup or honey let me know!

Now to the good stuff.
My paintings on etsy are 20% off for the holidays and new items are up
Etsy.com/shop/artfulparadox

This weekend we put up Christmas decor. It's so nice to see as much as I didn't want to do it. And I got to use my panoramic on my phone! It's like you are standing in my front door!
No pics of the outside yet, soon though.

Does anyone watch Sons of Anarchy??? What did you think of the finale??? I won't say details yet for those who haven't seen it yet, but I will next time so be warned! :)





2 comments:

  1. Been using this method since I was in grade school, so 40+ years there-a-bouts.

    small helpful hint -you want to make sure that you are not over heated. I love my covers but try to keep your neck and shoulders exposed.

    Remedy -
    *You will need ice, an ice bag and a long scarf.
    *Fill the ice bag with ice. The more ice the more time before you start coughing again.
    *Put the ice bag to your throat - Oh yeah it will be cold.
    *Put your scarf on backwards. Center of the scarf up against the ice bag. The tail of the scarf that is hanging on the right side, pull towards the back go around the back of your head and bring the tail back to the front on the left side. Grab the long tail from the left side, pull it behind your head and back towards the front on the right side.
    *start slowly pulling on the two ends of the scarf. This will tighten the scarf and press the ice bag more firmly to your throat. Adjust as needed for a firm but comfortable fit.
    *Knot the ends of the scarf together directly over the ice bag to hold it in place.

    You will not cough until the ice melts. That should buy you a couple of hours of good sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It's been crazy, I am STILL having a leftover cough. Though not quite as dreadful as it was. I have never grown up with "home remedies" so any of them will definitely help out a lot!

    ReplyDelete